Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Post #11 - Final Post!

Aww, man. This one was good.

I had to choose this map.

I'm a huge baseball fan. I've been playing ball since I was 5, and it's always been my most glamorous dream to play baseball for life in the big leagues. Every kid's dream...
I chose this map because it's actually accurate! After being a fan of the game for all these years, watching and listening to games, noticing which teams my friends root for, etc., I begin to notice exactly what this map shows! Concordia especially is a place where fans of different teams are assembled. I ask a lot of people what teams they root for and where they're from. Sometimes, they come from a place that's farther from the home city of the team and sometimes even out of that state, too. But for whatever the reason - whether it be regional or social circumstances, fans of these teams are usually arranged in such boundaries.
I think it just goes to show once again how people can be connected in almost any (usually unexplainable) way.
Oh, and go Cardinals!

Here's the link to the map since some of the team's names are hard to read:
http://chicagoist.com/attachments/chicagoist_chuck/2007_08_baseball_map.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment