Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Post #1 - Globalization


If it weren't for the funky lettering on the McDonald's, you'd think it was just any old (or new) American city. McDonald's fast food chains were begun in the United States, and ever since it's launch decades ago, has expanded as fast as any other corporation worldwide. In 2011, McDonald's restaurants seem to be a popular place for just about anyone in any region of the world.
I think this photograph is a simple example of globalization up to now. The simplicity and cost-efficiency of what McDonald's and other fast-food chains have to offer is an idea that nearly everyone has incorporated into their lifestyles. It's cool to see how a simple idea of a hamburger, fries and a shake can evolve so slow, yet so fast on this little place we call our Earth.
If I ever get hungry in Tokyo and I'm short on time and money, I think I know where to go.
-am-

1 comment: